Friday, October 15, 2004

Been kinda stressed out at work lately.... and thinking back, i realise that i fell into the trap of letting someone push my buttons

I've always been touchy when it comes to issues of right and wrong. Funny thing is, I hate people who jump to quick judgements, who make moral judgements in their own mental boxes. Yet at the same time, I react vehemently when I feel that someone has wronged me.

Then I over-react. My emotions seize up, and my brain can't focus on anything except the act.

This has always been an issue for me, I guess. Must be the temper I inherited from mom. Have always lost my temper when I felt that something wasn't going right, and I'll be the first one to admit that I was often petulant and petty when I was a kid. One of my most significant growing up experiences was in college. I had ranted at my college acapella group over email cos I felt that they weren't pulling my weight. They of course proceeded to ignore me, which was a humbling experience. Looking back on it now, it's both funny and cringe-worthy.

A friend of mine once commented that I was the most driven and determined person she had ever seen. I guess sometimes it's useful to take a step back, take a deep breath, and not think about stuff. Yup, just gotta keep going.

No comments: