Sunday, April 17, 2005

Ritalin, Geeks and Other Irrelevant Topics

For the geeks who read my blog, here's a D&D comic that's darn funny... the Order of the Stick. Be warned.... it is only funny if you are a D&D geek like i am. Hsien and Eric have attested to this.

H said the other day that if I wasn't so smart, I would probably suffer from extreme Attention Deficit Disorder. Maybe it's true.... I have literally several lines of thought running through my brain at any one time, which is probably why I speak so fast, and why I have to force myself to concentrate on a single train of thought when speaking or presenting in a business setting. Friends (and H in particular) have often displayed puzzled expressions during conversations as I jump from logic point A to logic point Z in a single set of sentences, cos my brain moves so much faster than my mouth :P

Maybe that's why I enjoy running or swimming, especially with a good set of tunes in the MP3 player. It's the only time when my brain can just wander, cos everything else is focused on putting one foot in front of the other.

Random thoughts that came while running :
- They should invent something that automatically untangles headphone wires for you
- How to surprise the party during the next D&D session
- Calculating how many days till H gets here
- and so it goes...

Yeah, my brain sure has a lot of garbage in it.

No comments: