Sunday, August 21, 2005

Boob bibbies

It's been a long time since the last blog.

This weekend has been kind of a recharging weekend. Had a tough time at work last week, and was a little in the pits. But taking the time away from work this weekend, going to Harry's, going to performance group, was a good way to shake myself out of the doldrums. There are things to do, and moping around isn't gonna get them done :)

One of the things I did this weekend was to run a 10km race. It was surprisingly easy, and i was quite pleased with the 49 min time since I was still hacking like there was no tomorrow (finally caught the flu bug that's been going around). Made me realise how de-stressing running had been. And it feels good to be healthier and fitter. For one thing, my complexion has definitely improved... fewer huge zits... (having said that, Murphy's law dictates that I will now break out horrendously tomorrow). They also had free massages! And it was a real sports massage... which made me realise how excruciatingly tight my thigh muscles were. Time to get some physiotherapy.

Performance group was fun today. While I still couldn't do forward rolls properly (which is strange, considering I used to be able to do them in JC), I did manage to get off a handstand and a feeble attempt at a cartwheel. Learning aerials is also a different way to think about body awareness and lindy hop.

And Harry's was good last night. Even if we did spend some time talking about boob bibbies and assorted other geeky stuff that annoyed P to no end. Well, maybe that's why it was better than usual ;)

Ok, time to sign off before this degenerates into more blather.

Here's to the new week!

No comments: