Friday, March 24, 2006

A wolf-crying chicken or a chicken-crying wolf?

Random thoughts from Ajantis on a 10.4km run in extremely humid weather on too little sleep :

I feel very lucky right now. Let me explain, cos there is much to be thankful for :

1) I have a pretty decent job which i enjoy with very good pay and generally ok hours
2) Savings and stocks which have exceeded the target I set for myself
3) Been getting good feedback at work
4) Feeling good physically, getting lots of exercise (more on that later)
5) A group of swing friends who accept me for who i am

And the thing is, I feel like all the work and finance-related successes are the result of pure simple luck rather than things that i've done. I know people always say that you make your own luck, but I look back and see many things that could have gone wrong, but for providence and the fact that I was working with very capable people. So basically, I feel like the other shoe is going to drop at any moment. (This is the point at which H always bonks me for being silly and insecure).

On another topic, I've been finally getting back into my full exercise routine. The only problem is that it might be too much.
Sun : 3 hour lindy performance rehearsal + 16km run
Mon : Gym
Tues : 2.4km run, 2.2km worth of sprints
Wed : Gym + Social dancing
Thurs : Social dancing
Fri : 10.4km run
Tomorrow (sat) : Gym

What do you think? It feels good though, and my body isn't complaining at the moment. Why, M even commented that the gym work was paying off (and you know it means something when Miss Marina M makes a comment like that. haha). And that's how I tend to do things, never by halves.

We'll see. The best part though is that my ankles have generally stopped complaining. So we're on our way to a marathon!

Ajantis is off to see the wizard....

No comments: