Sunday, April 23, 2006

Wagyu's Anatomy

The gourmet food craze has now officially come to Singapore. Everyone's buzzing about the new $101 burger at Uberburger in Milennia Walk, with its prime cut wagyu patty, mixed with fois gras and truffle sauce. Apparently other outlets in Singapore have been serving such gourmet burgers for a while now. Much of the buzz seems to be about how people are going just because of the price, which to me seems a tad missing the point. It's kinda funny seeing all of this after having coming back from New York, where the fine dining scene seems to have almost evolved into a complete ecosystem of its own, and then seeing how we are seeing the faint beginnings of what seems to be a hoity-toity, only i can afford this kind of food, kind of dining culture.

Don't get me wrong. H has halfway persuaded me that fine ingredients make a huge difference to the food, but $101 for a burger!? That seems a bit much.

I just caught 2/3rds of an episode of Grey's Anatomy, and have been officially converted. Haven't really caught much TV since i graduated, but once in a while a show comes along and catches my eye. Knowing me, I will probably indulge in some sort of downloading binge after this :P

Random links : This is the new car that H is getting, the Honda Fit. I'm not really into cars, but i honestly think that any car that markets itself as being able to fit a llama is pretty cool.

Ajantis wants to eat wagyu in a Fit

No comments: