Sunday, June 04, 2006

And a new day begins...

So the General Elections are over, and the dust is still settling. Quite interesting to see how people voted, why they voted, how the parties reacted, how the Cabinet was shaken up. In fact, i'm glad that the Institute of Policy Studies did a survey, cos it shed a lot more light into people's voting patterns.

Why did i vote? I voted because I wanted the government to recognise my concerns, that sometimes using the argument that the government can move only when society is ready for it doesn't hold water, that I want to feel like i have a place in this Singapore we call home instead of being forced to feel like I have to be someone other than who i really am, that I want to have the right to raise a family just like any other Singaporean, and most importantly, I want to feel like I belong and contribute to this place we all call Singapore.

Ajantis is about to start a new week...

No comments: