Saturday, December 16, 2006

Hellos and goodbyes

Had my last event for work last night. It went swimmingly, and one of the speakers even mentioned how i had been really flexible and went the extra mile when talking about a client that she helped. That kind of helped to close the night off on a positive note.

I leave with very mixed feelings. Happy at what i've accomplished, but sad at leaving a group of great colleagues behind. So that's a good thing right?

Change is always difficult.

What did i do well in the past 2 years? I've worked hard to become a better leader and better boss, to know my people better. That was a promise i made myself coming into this job, and that's a promise i think i kept. I assume the best of people, and treat them with the dignity and respect that they deserve. Hence, i leave with respect and a reputation for having done a good job, despite resigning. Most importantly, I leave a good strong team behind to carry on the good work of the department.

What could i have done better? I need to be faster in general, and firmer about making tough ones. I need to start assigning timelines so accountability is clearer and things get done faster.

The last 2 years have been an incredible journey. Here's to the next stage!

Ajantis is taking off.....

No comments: