Monday, January 01, 2007

Mish-mash and bangers

Haven't updated in a while, so here's some random bits and pieces.

Put the booking fee on my new car! It's a metallic blue (although the brochure says Vivid Blue Pearl ... WTH does that mean??)... HONDA JAZZ! Which, strangely enough, is also the car that we drive in the US. The car will only be available end-feb, which is actually a good thing since i need to sign up for refresher lessons. That was pretty clear to me when i did the test-driving. I have trouble judging turning distances cos i'm used to left-hand driving, and i think i would also have trouble parking (this was kinda apparent from the stressed out look of the first car salesman who accompanied me on the test drive). And what is this obsession with 4D? Both my mom and aunt asked for the licence plate number, and the car salesman also mis-read my eagerness and told me he could get me the number one day before the car arrived for 4D purposes.

Also managed to spend a lot of time with both old and new friends this week, and also with family (more on that later). On Thursday, I hung out with L for 3 hours, just bull-shitting and shooting the breeze while having good japanese curry and chai. Somehow, I get along with L despite the age difference and there's just a certain comfort level. That, and he's really the only guy/friend i just bull-shit with. Maybe it's because he's an old soul in a young body (as i've told him so many times before).

After that, went to hang out with another friend (a new one, this time!) and watch Budak Pantai. Which was a throughly enjoyable show, by the way. Although it wasn't technically a full a capella concert cos there was a guitar for part of the show, i still found it entertaining. Which is surprising given how much of an acapella purist i can be. But perhaps it's because there was a sheer amount of creativity, geeky/corny humor and showmanship and chemistry on display that night. 10 years together definitely does make for some good chemistry. I'm glad that they also did some straight up acapella numbers though, cos that allowed the audience to see their musical chops. Also brought back some memories, since those songs were the closest in style to the stuff that i did in my college a capella group.

Performed at an event on New Year's Eve. Getting home was a nightmare. People crossing the roads en-masse, cars blaring their horns to get pedestrians out of the way, everyone scampering like little lemmings over railings and drains. If I ever get the idea of wanting to spend New Year's Eve in the city, please shoot me?

Other news : Got addicted to Bleach (for those who are wondering what the hell it is, check out this website ). I ended up reading all 258 chapters (or 4 years of weekly issues) over 3-4 nights, and also completed Final Fantasy 12.

Alright, this is probably my last post for a bit. H is coming to town (and i have been nice, not naughty) and i start training at the new job after that. So life will get busy (but interesting!) again.

Ajantis is ringing in the new year....

No comments: