Sunday, March 25, 2007

Last night I was dreaming...

Been meaning to blog about last weekend.

It was great! I got to spend good time with friends, got some great music and dances, and even played badminton! That was exactly how i envisioned spending my birthday (weekend). Quality time with friends is extremely precious, especially as we all continue to move on with our lives.

Was on course this past week, which was an interesting change of pace, as I got to spend time with another set of colleagues (junior managers), and also refresh my memory about some of the stuff i had learnt earlier when starting this new job.

It's interesting, really, how people all tend to remark that i come across as having spent several years in this new job already. The same people also tend to comment that i seem to definitely be enjoying this new job. And you know what? It's true. I really enjoy it. The learning, the new experiences, the fact that i'm in an organisation that tries its best to value people and whose own values are more aligned with mine... it's all great!

And to cap off a great week, I was just informally told by my boss that i've been confirmed in this position, and that the company will be speeding up my progression to the next level. More details to follow next Tuesday when we will have a more formal discussion about this. Although that also raises the question of where I will move for this next job, and whether H and I are prepared to move there.

But that's a question for another time. For now, I will just be appreciative and glad.

Ajantis is banana-rama-ing....

No comments: