Monday, March 26, 2007

Scoring my way to Gimble...

Today was the first day off i've had in 8 days. Spent 5 days on course and 2 days working. Was nice to just wake up a bit later, recover some sleep, spend some time catching up with ex-colleagues.

Spent several hours today learning some acapella scores for the Gimble 10th anniversary concert this Saturday in the US. Discovered a couple of things

1) My vocal range has gone lower. I can now sing a low E very easily but find it tough to sing above a middle C...

2) I can still kinda pick out my notes pretty easily, even for songs i haven't learnt before. Nice to know that those musical skills aren't too rusty

3) I still miss acapella singing. Maybe i can kinda scratch that itch through the barbershop quartet/quintent we will be forming in the office :P

Finished up The Namesake as well. First Asian-American book i've read in a while, and probably the first one i've read about the Indian-American experience. Very well written, no cliches. Definitely intend to check out the film version by Mira Nair. Who knew Kal Penn could actually act?

3 more days to flying off!

Ajantis is still memorising songs...

No comments: