Tuesday, November 16, 2004

2359

So i took part in a lindy hop competition this past Saturday. While i did feel "sabo-ed" for a bit, i'm glad that i did it. It was fun, and it was a great experience working with Swingling and realising we could come up with a halfway decent choreo in 2.5 hours. Definitely something i'll feel proud of, and be glad to bore my kids with someday when i'm a middle-aged geezer.

I wouldn't do it again, primarily because i feel that lindy hop for me is more about the music and the partner than the performance. But i definitely have much more respect now for my friends in the Lindy Hop Performance Company.

That got me thinking about another topic. A friend once talked to me about having a checklist of things that they would have liked to do in life. I kinda liked that concept. Doesn't have to be anything major : fly a kite, ride a dune buggy, etc etc.

So performing in the competition got me thinking.... what else would i like to do, that i've been putting off? Swing dance in Herrang (4-5 years down the road), go bungee jumping, learn how to ride bicycle.... After thinking about it, i realised that I really want to run a marathon, now, before I get too old to try again. I've always liked running, and now that my knees are not acting up, it's the perfect time to do it. Gonna start small, aim for either a 10km or half-marathon run next year.

So there you have it. Hopefully by this time next year, I can post here that I've either run a 10km or a half-marathon.

signing off.....

No comments: