Monday, November 08, 2004

Chocolate therapy

Well today was a frustrating day.

When things don't go well, or when i end up in arguments with other departments or even other agencies, it always gets me annoyed. Partly because i'm a pseudo-perfectionist, and partly because i'm just a control-freak . Heh.

The problem is that I end up obsessing endlessly over something that I can't really do anything about. It's always been a failing of mine... this inability to walk away from something that I feel I must conquer. Thanks to friends, and thanks to a significant other, I've gotten better at taking a step back and taking a breath when I really need to. But it's still hard. At least now I can recognise when it happens. My vision narrows... and i literally feel my thoughts going in an endless loop.

Days like these make me wonder whether I can actually work for 40 more years till retirement. But that's too morbid and too self-involved a thought :)

Sleep, and a good comedy... and maybe some good chocolate. That's what I need.. i think i hear the Timeout bars calling me :)

No comments: