Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Looking at life in a mirror

The job offer is on the table. I just need to find out the hard facts (like the salary!) before i affirm my decision. It's kinda frustrating in some ways. I know what i want my decision to be, and i want to make it now, but the pragmatic (perhaps cautious) part of me is still holding back, waiting and wanting to see some numbers on the table.

Meanwhile, life goes on, and it should go on. I need to not slack on work. It's amazing how one offer like this can potentially alter your plans for the next few years. One minute I was thinking of doing the MBA, now the MBA is the furthest thing on my mind. One minute we were pretty sure about settilng down in North America, now it looks like H might move down to join me in the medium term.

It's a risk of course. I could end up not living up to expectations. But i choose to focus on the positive. Everything's a risk, and this is an opportunity which gives me the chance to learn so much more.

10 years since i started college. It's been a pretty incredible 10 years, really. Sang in an acapella group for the first time, visited 2/3rds of the United States, fell in love, got married, 3 jobs in government over six years, and now.... a possible career switch.

We'll see how this goes.

Ajantis is in a reflective mood tonight...

No comments: