Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ideas ideas ideas

E made an interesting comment over MSN last night.

"You like to talk about ideas"

And that's quite true. I like learning new stuff. Why Venture Capital companies require new start-ups to be within 20 minutes of their office, why Starbucks was promoting Akeelah and the Bee, what the Democrats are thinking as they prepare for the 7 Nov elections in the US, why Chinese car manufacturers can't quite export their cars to the world market yet, how Steve Wynn ripped a hole in his 100 mil plus Picasso, how the CEO of the Disney Channel is managing to score all these big successes, like the High School Musical, how parents cope with children who have mental disorders, the tribulations of homeless people in the US, how Dr. Yunus set up Grameen Bank and pioneered micro-financing.

All of these are interesting and endlessly fascinating to me, these broader vistas of the human condition representing facets of the world around us.

Reminds me of what my JC teacher wrote on my testimonial : "A is so intent on self-improvement". Haha. I need to take myself less seriously sometimes, i guess.

Ajantis is still learning...

No comments: