Friday, October 20, 2006

Temples, trains and other assorted things...

Been feeling kinda morose lately about my social life lately. Guess it's because a lot of the lindy crowd is busier nowadays, or out of the country. So it's become clearer to me that a lot of my non-work friends are also fellow lindy hoppers.

Maybe it's also that i don't have anyone to talk to as much about work, or about being in a long distance relationship. And maybe it's also that this whole new job thing now makes it tough for us to figure out when we can be together again.

Or maybe it's because i've kinda been so caught up with running that i haven't had time to really be social outside of lindy. Or maybe that i would like to talk to non-work people about work, or maybe that a lot of my classmates are all married with kids and have their own lives now. And maybe it's because i can't find anyone to go to Bangkok with me (but quite short notice also lah)

Whatever it is, it's bleh (if that is a word). I need to get out there, expand my social circle beyond lindy, find another interest group, and be better about catching up with old friends.

And maybe, this will all resolve itself when i get too darn busy with my new job!

On a separate note, 2 weeks till the US! Can't wait... even if it's gonna be quite cold (i hope i don't break out in hives again!). And after that, perhaps a trip to Vietnam!

Ajantis is gonna give himself a good right kick in the behind...

No comments: