Sunday, February 12, 2006

Stressed like a cow

That's the title of my msn messenger at the monent.

Why? Cos i am well and truly stressed. Don't think i've felt this stressed in a while. Not since I overloaded my course schedule while working 20 hours and singing 16 hours a week in acapella groups (and H will tell you that was so not fun -- I was quite irritable and bitchy, to say the least)

But i will be the first to admit that some of the stress is of my own making. I hate leaving things left undone, but that will always be the nature of any job that is not project-based. That said, i do have a crapload of things to do. At last count, I had 8 things to do outside of my core job alone, with a few of them due in the next two to three weeks.

Combined with the fact that my weekends have been burnt due to Chinese New Year events and D&D gaming sessions, along with the upcoming SEAJam camp and other commitments, I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed at the moment.

But as my friends like to say, that's why i'm paid the big bucks :P

Running and exercise/dancing has become a key part of how i de-stress. So the fact that I pulled a back muscle during performance rehearsal last week only added to the stress, since i had to lay off running and exercise for most of the week. The pull was pretty bad, cos I couldn't even bend my back for about two days. The only good news was that I don't have to do the performance for SeaJam anymore. While it was a bit of a bummer not to perform it after putting in all that effort, it's all for the best since I don't have the same level of body awareness as the other performers, which makes it hard for me to do the fast routines. So not needing to perform the routine, plus a ton of unloading/venting to H (over the phone) and L (over dinner) helped me to de-stress :)

Anyway, things are looking up, even if I still have a shitload of stuff to do this weekend.

Ajantis is back to running again

No comments: