Sunday, August 20, 2006

Marathoning

I collected my race packet for the Army Half Marathon and signed up for the Standard Chartered Marathon yesterday.

So it's set. I'm gonna run the Half Marathon this coming sunday and prepare for the full marathon in December.

I blogged about doing the half marathon around this time last year. The same feelings of excitement and anticipation are still there, tinged with a little bit of apprehension. Why? Cos 1 week after blogging about it, i hurt my achilles tendon by over-running. It was bound to happen, really, given that i had no proper running shoes or soles, flat feet, and that i was increasing my mileage every week. So i'm really hoping that lightning does not strike twice in the same place, so to speak.

After all this marathoning is over, I hope to cut back on my training and devote a bit more time to volunteer work and catching up with friends. We'll see.

I took a career test the other day. The results were not that surprising. I'm perfectly suited for HR management, organisation development and training, non-profits, and quite suited for general management. If anything, this test, and the reactions from my friends, have all convinced me that the MBA seems like the right way to go. Haven't felt this clear about career paths in a while.

Saw Click with Fish the other day. For an Adam Sandler movie, it was actually quite good. And had a good time catching up. The art world does seem like another dimension tho (sorry Fish!). But then again, i'm not really a visual art kinda person. Too static for a ADHD person like me :P

Ajantis is AD? or HD?

No comments: