Sunday, August 27, 2006

MHA? AHM? HAM?

Finished the Army Half Marathon in 2 hours 4 min 50 seconds! I was running it at my normal marathon/long run pace, so i still had energy towards the end. Also got stuck at the start due to the human jam, and at the middle part due to several traffic lights (!). But all in all, i'm satisfied. I finished, i wasn't half dead, and it was fun running through a new and different route.

Several observations :

(1) Having to get up at 4am to get to the race point was way too frickin early! I haven't gotten up this early on a regular day for quite some time. So i'm currently scratching my head over what to do for the rest of the day. It feels strange to have so many hours free since i usually get up at 11am or noon :P

(2) Went to bed at 10pm last night so i could get a decent amount of sleep. Again, a new personal record for me. And surprisingly, I actually fell asleep pretty fast.

(3) Way too many people are up at 830am. The train home was surprisingly crowded. Then again, maybe i'm the abnormal one since i always get up around noon on a Sunday :)

Next step : Standard Chartered! Now i know i can do it!

On a slightly more random note, i've been hooked on a Sandi Thom song... Oh i wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.... For those in the know, Sandi Thom became famous after doing a 21 day world tour webcast from her bed room. Apparently, at the end of the tour, she had 100,000 listeners at a time. Mind boggling, isn't it?

Ajantis is a punkster with ham in his hair...

No comments: