Monday, May 01, 2006

Am I? I am Superman

Cat said something at the end of our gab and meal-fest today (dim sum buffet + milo dinosaur = one stuffed Ajantis). She said that i seemed like much more of a saver since i was always analysing things around me. I always find it somewhat jolting when someone makes an observation like that. Just cos i don't think of myself as analytical or always trying to put things together. But guess that's what i intuitively do. I like things to make sense.

Do you ever think about having kids? I do, often. Not sure if it's the result of being an only child but deep down inside, i've always wanted to share my life and love not only with a significant other but with my kids. Someone told me recently at a meeting that it was important to have kids early so you could really enjoy watching them grow up before you got too old. That makes a lot of sense. Which is why it's so frustrating to have to wait so long before H and I can be together again. Part of me wants to go back to my original plan of doing a PhD as soon as I can, but i also know that means a fairly large financial sacrifice, especially if i'm not sure if i want to be in the academic field. And the other part wants to have kids, right now! Obviously my brain is kind of running in all directions right now, so i guess it makes sense just to leave it at that for now.

Ajantis wants 2.5 kids....like any other Singaporean.

No comments: