Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend + long = glorious!?

This weekend was pretty fun. Friday was D&D day (dungeons and dragons for those non-geeks not in the know), while I spent most of Saturday hanging out with Eun. We watched Mission Impossible 3, and wandered around Bugis shopping and getting lost trying to find Singapore's only synagogue. Talked about swing, relationships, people, work, politics, the works. We capped off the night by eating my favorite sambal salted fish fried rice (no egg, no bean sprouts) at Boat Quay, and then dancing a little bit at Harry's. It's always energising sharing your opinions and experiences with someone whom you can intellectually engage with. I'm glad that we got to spend some quality time together :)

Mission Impossible 3 was pretty ok for a popcorn movie. The physics in that movie was a little bit on the surreal side, though. For those who've seen the movie, just think about the fulcrum scene in Shanghai and how impossible that really is.

Another surreal thing that happened this weekend : L using the term "apropos" in an msn conversation. I think my jaw nearly dropped.

I spent Sunday being social too. Had dinner with L and Zeph at Carl's Jr, then met some swing friends near home for a drink.

And yet, as I was walking home, i was struck by a slight wave of sadness. Part of it was the pre-monday blues, but part of it was cos i was missing H more than usual. I've done a pretty good job of keeping myself busy the past 6 years, but everytime I catch up with friends and whatnot, it always makes me a little bit sad that H is not there to share in the experience with me. Seeing swing friends up and move to be with their significant others, whether it be in Japan, India, or Australia, is also bittersweet. I'm happy for them, but I'm also reminded that I can't do that yet ;)

Ah well, 4 more years! Just gotta keep plugging away!

Ajantis keeps running....

No comments: